rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vintage Voyage



Nikon D90 with 17 - 50mm f2.8 wide angle lens (shot at 1/100 sec @ f2.8, ISO 100)



Post Processing: This image was actually cropped from a large image. All post processing was done in Camera Raw.

On a whim I decided to travel into Melbourne city on a beautiful winter's day. This was a non-tpical Melbourne winter, beautiful, sunny and picturesque. Anyone that knows Melbourne weather knows that "Temperamental" is putting it kindly.

I ventured into the New York end of the Central Business District (CBD) and managed to duck into and out of some amazing lane ways, some I had never known existed. I tweaked with this image for about 10 mins, something about it showed potential. I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I cropped it from a large image that had "stuff" that just didn't interest me. Lately I've been going crazy with increasing the vibrancy of my photo's, but this time I decided to remove it all together, giving an overall "Vintage" feel. Yeah, I think thats what I wanted, a classic "Vintage" style shot

2 comments:

sandeep said...

and "vintage" style it is ... cud u also mention what steps u follow to add vibrancy?

Evan said...

Hi Sandeep, actually there's not much to it in adding the vibrancy. I use CameraRAW (version 6.0) and adjust it via the slider. It's that simple, I honestly don't use photoshop that much anymore, only for a select few images where I believe I can muster something special. Otherwise, I prefer to keep it simple and have them in their original glory (plus a few minor tweaks ;) ).

Post a Comment