rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, April 12, 2010

Tell it as it is

Nikon D90 with 55-200mm kit lens @ f5.6 (ISO 320, 1/800 sec)
This pic was taken on a "Mancation" with the boys out at Walkerville, unfortunately the weather wasn't great but I still managed to come away with some pretty awesome pics. Even though I don't remember much from the weekend. This bird was flying from branch to branch and I just managed to catch him in mid flight, pure fluke and I doubt I could ever do it again.

Nikon D90 with 55-200mm kit lens @ f5.6 (ISO 100, 1/250 sec)
On one of my phototrips into the city, I caught this guy perched on a branch. It was pretty windy, and the sun kept going into some clouds which made it difficult to take a decent shot, because everytime I thought I had the exposure correct, the conditions changed on me!!!. The good thing was I had my kit lens zoomed out to 200mm which meant I was standing a good 2-3 meters (possibly more) away from this guy, which helps when you don't want him disturbed and flying away at the wrong moment.

Nikon D90 with 55-200mm kit lens @ f5.6 (ISO 100, 1/160 sec)

Nikon D90 with 55-200mm kit lens @ f5.6 (ISO 100, 1/160 sec)
My wife and I spent our second wedding anniversary (wow that makes me feel old) at Apollo Bay, we booked this awesome apartment/cottage up in the hills and got some amazing views of Apollo Bay (and some pretty impressive sunrises). This photo would have been taken around 7 AM and the sun was just beaming. I took the opportunity to take as many shots (and in as many artistic ways) as I could. I was surprised at how large a Kookaburra actually is, I always expected them to be small birds but the size of this guy certainly surprised me.

Decided to post up some photos that I have taken that have absolutely no post processing at all. Each photo has it's own little story in a way, some shots were just a matter of right place right time. Sometimes you just get that fraction of a second to capture that image, but when you do, it's pretty awesome. The best thing is that all the photos were taken with just the standard Nikon kit lenses, no fancy glass was used and no fancy phtoshop or any other program was used.

No comments:

Post a Comment